3.09.2011

Week 1: PLN Post 1

ASTA (American String Teachers Association)

Click to follow on Twitter

Click to visit the ASTA website

I'm sure most (if not all) of my orchestra colleagues already know about ASTA (the American String Teachers Association). I am including Twitter and website information for ASTA in my PLN because it is a great resource not only for string specialists, but also for music teachers who might find themselves in an unexpected position of teaching strings.

Yes, there are more resources available to those who pay to be members, but some resources are available to everyone. The advocacy section is particularly extensive, and could apply to all areas of music. I know many of us are currently in a position where advocacy resources might be helpful!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Our school is moving all the music teachers around next year, due to the district making our program smaller. Due to this unfortunate situation, I have been fearful that I may have to teach strings next year. I will make sure I bookmark this website.....just in case!

    ReplyDelete